COMPETITOR REGISTRATION | PITTSBURGH 2019
By registering to participate in this event you acknowledge you accept the terms and conditions listed below and you certify that you are over 18 years of age. All submissions to the Platinum Pole Awards Submission Page will be reviewed. Platinum Pole Awards will notify those whose are accepted into the completion. At that time, a link will be emailed to secure your spot by paying the fully refundable registration fee. Registration fee will be completely refunded once competitor competes.
STAGE AND POLES:
- (1) Pole used will be stationary
- Pole height is approximately 14' high
- (2) Side stages will NOT be used for the competition.
- Center stage is 16' 10" long & 7' 1.5" Wide
- Judges will be seated around the radius of the center stage.
- No grip products will be applied to poles. Participants may use approved grip aides on their bodies only.
- Use of non-approved grip products will result in disqualification.
- The organizers reserve the right to check grip products brought into the dressing room.
REGISTRATION & ENTRY FEE COST:
- Approved Contestants will be charged a one-time FULLY refundable $100 entry fee. This fee is only required if you are selected by the Platinum Pole Team to be a participant in this event. The fee will be returned once competitor fully competes in the Platinum Pole Awards.
- All contestants will be given 10 entry passes for guests and fans.
- Contestants will be responsible for payment for any workshops or private lessons they choose to take. THIS IS NOT REQUIRED!
ACCOMMODATIONS AND REQUIRED DATES OF STAY:
- Guest rooms: TBD
Accommodations consist of TBD
- Guest rooms: TBD
Accommodations consist of TBD
- All competitors, are expected to arrive the morning of the event by 12:30pm and report to Cheerleaders Pittsburgh for a dress rehearsal and run through of the event. Exceptions may be granted at the discretion of the event organizer for personal excuses such as prior commitments which cannot be changed.
- No prizes or gift bags will be given out until after the event. If not picked up at the event prize will be forfeited.
- The winner take all prize of $10,000 will be issued by check within seven business days after the winner completes a W-2 with a member of Cheerleaders management.
TRANSPORTATION & PARKING:
- Shuttle service to and from Pittsburgh International Airport TBD
- Gated secure self-parking lot - TBD
- Music must be edited and must at least be at least 2:45 and NO longer than 5 minutes.
- Music submissions must be sent via email in MP3 or MP4 format or via snail mail on CD in MP3 format.
- Music must be sent edited to required time format. If you need assistance in this area, a Cheerleaders staff member/event organizer will be happy to assist.
- No Repeat/same music choices are allowed
- Music will be approved on a first come – first reserved basis so the earlier you chose your music the better to avoid disappointment.
- Choice of music may be changed no later than JUNE 3, 2019.
- Music file must be received and confirmed by Cheerleaders no later than 11:59pm EST on JUNE 1, 2019
- Edited music may include a compilation of various songs merged together.
Music can be reserved at any time once you register. Send the name of your song or songs by email and make the subject of your email "Music Selection Platinum Pole Awards."
All competitors must perform under a “stage” name or their legal name as listed on their government issued photo ID, which will be required to be submitted if they are accepted into the Platinum Pole Awards competition.
- All names are subject to the approval of the event organizer.
- Competitors must sign all legal documents such as contract and waivers under their legal name as presented on their state ID or Passport
- Competitors are reminded that they will all sign waivers for photo and video releases and that these can and will be used on the internet and other media sources to promote the event.
PRACTICE AT VENUE:
- Practice time on the stage will be from 12:30pm to 3:30pm the day of the contest.
- Other practice times are available by arrangement with a Cheerleaders staff/ event organizer.
- Costumes should be creative, elaborate, and fun.
- Makeup Services will be provided on premises by Cheerleaders
- Removal of portions of costume is allowed as long as remaining pieces are compliant
- You may be topless, but at no point bottomless. G-String, Thong, or bootie shorts must be worn at all times.
- All contestants will be introduced during contestant introductions and must be clad in either a full length gown or short cocktail dress. During the awards ceremony all contestants must change back into their gown/dress.
- Contestant intros will be submitted by contestants no later than June 3, 2019 read by the host and are subject to revisions by event organizers.
- No leather, PVC, or other fabrics, which may aid in grip
- No latex
- No body paint
- Small decals or temporary tattoos and rhinestones are allowed as long as they are not latex
- Shoes must be worn.
- Any material allowed with the exception of decorations, which may scratch the pole.
- Non-tacky gloves are allowed
- Props will be allowed but are subject to approval prior to the competition.
- Props may not take away from the essence of the pole performance. For example, alternative props such as a chair cannot be used for more than 25% of the routine. No props may attached to the pole.
- Props may not include anything made of glass and may not leave excessive amounts debris on floor such as glitter or feathers.
- No outside hanging apparatus' will be allowed. There is a hanging hoop available for use.
- No pyro!
Competitors can request having an event organizer place props on stage prior to performance. Pole cleaners, staff and event volunteers are not to be held responsible for a prop being misplaced.
RESPONSIBILITY OF COMMUNICATION BY COMPETITORS:
- Prompt communication and meeting deadlines is an essential part of a successful and fair competition.
The organizers reserve the right to eliminate, at any point prior to the competition, any competitor who fails to comply with deadlines or respond to email and voicemail communications within the stated time frames.
PRESS AND PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS:
- All competitors will be required to sign a photo and video release as well as provide a photograph and bio which will be posted on Platinum Pole Awards webpage, social media pages, Cheerleaders website, prior to the event.
- Finalists must be available for possible interviews with press and should not exclude the possibility of being filmed.
- Videos and photographs from the event will be used for future promotional features.
- Winner may be asked to participate in future events as featured performers representing The Platinum Pole Awards/Cheerleaders of Pittsburgh/Cheerleaders of Philadelphia.
- Scoring ballots will consist of 4 categories
- 5 will be the lowest score and 10 will be the highest. All scores must be in whole numbers. In the event of a tie, a free-style dance off will be required.
- Control and endurance
- Variety of tricks
- Fluidity and poise
- Music Selection
OVERALL PERFORMANCE & ORIGINALITY OF PERFORMANCE
- Each performance will all be scored based on its entire presentation.
- Contestants will conduct themselves properly at all times during the competition.
- Contestants will respect all other competitors at all times.
- Contestants will comply at all times with the rules and regulations of the Platinum Pole Awards.
- Contestants will attend the mandatory meeting and rehearsal the day of the competition.
- Contestants will sign a Waiver and Release Form.
- Contestants will appear on television, radio, film or print media for the publicity and promotion of the competition.
- Contestants will respect our sponsors by not wearing other company Logo’s during the competition.
- Contestants will not bully or cyberbully another contestant.
- A dressing area and house mom will be provided to you and you are expected to act professional at all times. Dressing rooms are off limits to all family members or friends of the competitors.
- Contestants shall be in accordance with industry standards for professional entertainers performing in upscale, high-end, entertainment facilities. – Cheerleaders top of the line make-up artist and hair stylist will be available by appointment only at Cheerleaders and must be scheduled by June 1, 2019. Please contact Ryann ODonnell at firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment. (Contestants will be responsible for payment of any services done by Cheerleaders Makeup Artist).
THE TITLE – PLATINUM POLE AWARDS CHAMPION 2019 STEEL CITY:
- The title “Platinum Pole Awards Champion 2019” is an official title valid for one year.
- The Organization reserves the right to retract the title if the winner causes any damages to the Organization, event planner, or sponsors.
- Platinum Pole Awards, Cheerleaders Pittsburgh t/a MAG PITT LP., Metrospect Events Inc. are not liable for injury or damage resulting from participation in the Platinum Pole Awards.
- The Organization reserves the right to change the rules contained herein.
- All decisions not addressed in these regulations will be made by the Organization.
- A decision made by the Platinum Pole Awards Organization is binding.
ONLINE SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
- Please submit 2 untouched photographs.
- 1. Full body shot
- 2. Close up head shot.
- Please submit 1 video of less than 2 minutes: Video must be entitled, “Platinum Pole Awards” and your name. Video can be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, or Facebook, and can be listed privately or publicly (however an unlisted link must be provided with application if video is posted privately).
- Candidates must submit a 2:00 minute long, unedited video showcasing their skills.
April 5, 2019Contestent Registration Opens
May 10, 2019Contestant Registration Ends
May 13, 2019Selected Contestants Notified
June 1, 2019Performance Music Due
June 13, 2019Platinum Pole Awards Steel City 2019